Ohio Supercomputer Center (OSC)
- National Center for Atmospheric Research (NCAR)
- NOAA Great Lakes Environmental Research Lab (GLERL)
To integrate the models, people, communications and computers required to perform a coupled storm-resolving atmospheric and Great Lakes model predictions.
ACTS Experiment Objectives
To use the high data rate channel of the NASA ACTS to:
- implement and test a collaboration and visualization environment required for distributed site control and evaluation;
- Configure the optimal computer and modeling procedures required for the distributed coupling of the models; and
- evaluate the capability of the entire system to make predictions with sufficient timeliness to be able to provide data on hazard warning and avoidance.
The Dream (ACTS and Beyond)
- A full water basin, storm-resolving forecasting system
- Great Lakes Forecasting System